My newest favorite thing Beckam and I get to go to on Tuesday's is Storytime downtown at Discovery Green. Right now they are doing books learning about traveling all over the world. And each time you go, you get a stamp in your passport. They also do an activity that goes along with the book in some way as well. The first Tuesday we went we were a bit late (since I've never been downtown, let alone had to find parking) but Beckam's friend Finn saved us some stuff!
Each kid got a beach ball and a foam (like stress ball material) airplane. Of course, Beckam loved the ball!
He got his first press on tattoo and I tried to have him get in the big pool of foam, but he wanted nothing to do with it!
See those tiny bubbles on his feet!? That's all he got! He HATED it!
So we headed over to play in the fountains and wash off that awful bubble stuff! :)Beckam was pretty content to hang out near by and hold his new ball. Finn loved having his mom throw his airplane through the water, then he would go get it and bring it back...again and again and again! :)
I didn't think Beckam would ever do anything other than hold that new ball!
Eventually, like when we were about to leave, he decided it would be fun to play a little.
I just love that this all takes place in the heart of downtown! Check out those huge buildings! We are loving Houston!
We even made a little fall hand-print memory.
The 2nd week we went, we made it on time! The book was about Madeline in Paris. They had pony rides for the kids. Beckam was saying horse, and was so excited to see them!
He kept saying horse, and pointing to go inside!
But once on the horse, he was NOT very happy. I took a quick photo and the guy thought I'd lift him off. But I held him tight and told the man I'd still like him to go for a ride. I'm sure he thought I was the meanest mom around. But after only a couple of steps Beckam stopped crying. As long as I was hugging him tightly, he was just fine. Not feeling like we're having much luck though. That's 0 for 2 on liking the activity!
But then they called my name! I won the drawing and got to keep the book they had read! Lucky us!We headed over to the park and played for a bit. Beckam loved jumping on this like a trampoline!
He's still such a smiley, happy kid!
He's starting to look so grown up!
Last week, the 3rd week, the book was about Olivia in Venice. So of course, the kids got kayak rides?!? Here is Beckam with his friends Claire, Jeff, and Caleb. (We're recruiting!:) )
I am in LOVE with this new worried look he does!
He didn't seem to like it very much, but was a trooper about the life jacket and all. It was so much fun rowing out there with him.
Here's his friend Jeff with his mom Aubrey.
And his friends Claire and Caleb with their mom Jill.
And both boats coming in.
On top of the boat rides we got pictures with Olivia the pig. (The one the book was about) Again, Beckam seemed a bit worried. I seriously love that face though. I LOVE Discovery Green!
Did I ever mention all of this is FREE?! Yeah, love it even more!





2 comments:
Those are some absolutely amazing free activities! It's like storytime on crack. ;) Look super fun. Glad you guys are enjoying the big city!
Those story time activities are insane! So fun though. I'm secretly jealous. Glad you are having a great time in your new home.
Post a Comment