Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Marathon Kids

Saturday morning we headed to the University of Houston's Track to take part in the big kick off for Marathon Kids!  The idea is that the kids should run or walk a quarter mile at a time, and "run a marathon" throughout the school year! (Side note: I've been putting my pedometer in Jaden's pocket when he gets home form school...let's just say I think he runs a marathon every month! :))
Here they are watching the first group run with the flag and listening to the national anthem played by a saxophone

And they're off!  They tried to stress to the kids that it wasn't a race! (There were SO many kids I'm sure they wanted to make sure no one got trampled) Not like that would keep my kids from wanted to run and get to the front! :) They are so funny!
They had us run a lap and a half and then exit so that each group had a chance to be out there.  See the balloons ahead?  That's the "finish line" for today!
Not very many kids from Jadens' school.  We'll have to do some recruiting next year.
We found the Blue cross and Blue Shield bear too!

Kyler is such a crack up!  He was sitting there saying "take the picture mom...like I'm drinking."  I think they had a good time!
Gotta rush home!  Off to Soccer pictures!

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers