We first noticed Molloscum on Jaden almost a year ago. He had a couple on his hip/ upper legs. Last summer we had them taken care of, or so we thought. But only a couple weeks after getting them scraped off, they came back and really seemed to multiply like crazy! I felt like the scraping had spread them. After only a short while he had about 50 on both legs now, behind his knee, on his ankles, they were definitely spreading! So after going to a different Dermatologist, and getting another opinion on how to take care of them, we had them burned off on Thursday! Since he had so many he had to go to outpatient surgery and get put out for the procedure. And since he was being put under, he couldn't have anything in his stomach from midnight on. We knew it would be a long time with nothing to eat so the night before, Christian got him up right before midnight to have a sandwich! :) (During our morning family prayer he said "And I can't eat breakfast or lunch today and that's silly.") He was pretty hungry most of the morning, but was a good sport about it all. Here is a video right before we took off to the hospital.
We checked in at 12:15, they finally took him back about an hour later.
Checking out his cool new bracelet!
Showing off his awesome new shirt! I asked him if he wanted to wear it to school tomorrow and he said NO WAY! Guess he didn't think it was THAT cool.
I had to circle EVER single one....that I could find :) Here are just 2 on his ankle. Like I said there were about 50 in all!




1 comment:
what an adventure! so glad you're 'blogging' so all this stuff is remembered....
Post a Comment