Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day!

For Valentines Day I thought it would be fun to try and help Christian switch up his breakfast. He continues to have an omelet almost daily. So I got this recipe from my sister in law for homemade pancakes. Christian really liked them! Not that he's have this daily, but fun to have something different and still healthy. Here's what you do.

Pick 5 whole grains. We used oats, wheat, quinoa, barley and amaranth. Here is what 1 C of each grain mixed in a bowl looked like. Put through a wheat grinder to make a 5 grain flour. (Other grain ideas include millet, brown rice, or buckwheat)

Here is the rest of the recipe:
2/3 C water
1 C "breakfast mix"
1/4 C milk
1 egg
2 Tbs oil
1 Tbs honey
1/4 tsp salt
Blend for 3 minutes then add:
1 Tbs baking powder
Blend until just mixed in.
We also added blueberries. Then topped with butter and honey to serve!

For dinner we had some steak, asparagus, and loaded yams! Watch out Texas Roadhouse. We're catching on! Seriously yummy!

We even managed to make cinnamon rolls! Guess you could say we like to cook! Or maybe we just really like to eat! :) I think it's both. And it was all amazing! So glad I have a Valentine that enjoys cooking/ eating food as much as I do!


Now what to do with all these cinnamon rolls....you better hope I visit teach you! :) Happy Valentines Day!

4 comments:

Annette said...

you can come and visit teach me anytime you want :) YOU ARE SUCH AN AMAZING COOK!!!!!

Delia said...

I wish you would come visit teach me! :) YUM! Those pancakes sound delish and that dinner LOOKS it. May I ask what kind of wheat grinder you use? We are looking into buying one.

Jenni said...

I want a visit, pick me, pick me!:) Those sweet rolls look AMAZING!!! I'm glad you had such a great Valentine's Day!

Oma said...

seriously - you could write a cookbook on how to eat healthy and yummy - you've had lots of practice with Chris the last year and a half and it's almost getting decadent! I'm thinking the raspberry mousse brownies were NOT for him...;)!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers