We got going right away painting our frame pieces.
Next we had to glue a print to a board. I chose the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. Annette was doing the Salt Lake Temple. Then we had to scrape it using a small hand squeegee trying to get all the bubbles out. That was serious work. I was seriously sweating!
Once all the bubbles were out and the print looked nice and flat, we rolled on some sort of paint/ glue (Hodj Podj?) with a really matted texture roller, so that when it dries it will look more like a painting than a print. The stuff went on almost a light purple then dried clear. Super cool.
While that was drying we had to get a second coat of paint on the frame pieces.

Then we had to staple our frame pieces together and mount the picture to the back. Again, this was some serious hard work. Pressing two frame pieces together with all your might while the other person is stapling....WOW! Good thing we didn't care about being in each others "personal bubbles." :)
Obviously there was a little touch up to do.


All in all I think it turned out great!

It was really fun learning all these different steps. I haven't antiqued the frame. Don't know yet if I'm going to attempt that. We'll see. But for now, I'm super happy with the final product! And I even found a home for it!




6 comments:
Good job. That turned out REALLY nice! Can I ask where you got your prints?
I'm impressed! Annette's hair looks dark....is it my eyes or did she color it?
I totally want to learn how to do that. Where did you get you picture of the temple?
I too want to know where you got the prints, and the frames...I assume Michaels or something??
Me that is soooo cute!!! I am totally jealous. Was that a super Saturday in your ward?????
I made the Idaho Falls one back in December - LOVE THESE!!!
Post a Comment