So right after building at Home Depot, we headed to soccer games. Kyler's was first. As soon as it was over, the rain began. Little drips here and there. The kids got their treats so quickly! Then it began to pour! I've never seen that field cleared so quickly. I ran the 3 boys to the van where we sat and ate lunch, hoping it would clear up in 30 minutes, so that Jaden could still play in his game. And it did! It poured hard for about 10 minutes and seemed to be clearing up. So Jaden's game began. (The boys didn't seem to care to be playing on wet grass with a slight drizzle.) But we ended up only playing the first half. The rain got much worse and lightning came in as well. They decided to call the game. But our adventures weren't done yet. We also had a Primary Temple Trip activity planned. So we packed in the van, my friend Kelly, and her kids Alyssa and Tristan. Even though it looked as if the rain was headed north, we decided to make the drive.
When we got to the temple, it was still raining a bit. But it looked like others had made the drive too, so we weren't alone!
I am in LOVE with this picture! Beckam just stood there "surfing" I love how adorable Kyler looks! And Jaden is just dang handsome!
We all headed inside a waiting room. What kind of mom forgot the jackets?! (Oh ya, the mom that already was at Home Depot this morning, soccer games this afternoon, remembering to bring lunches for 3 boys as well as me, plus a change of clothes for the soccer boys...ya, that would be me! I forgot the jackets!)
Kyler is a such a loving brother and so proud of his Beckam!The temple President came and spoke to us for a bit and the kids also got to color.
We walked all around the temple. It has so many neat sides. It looks so different from each angle.
Our primary President talked to us about the building of the temple and the history of how they got this land, all the details about the windows, etc.
Here's Kyler's friend Tristan. He was collecting snails.
So pretty!
Here's Kelly with her kids in front of the 30 foot stained glass window in the celestial room.
Peace!
I thought that the reflection of the temple looked so cool on the wet ground. I especially loved that when I asked Beckam if I could take his picture he sat on the curb and looked away. Almost looks like he's just dreaming of going to the temple someday.
There's one now with Angel Moroni as well.
Of course it wouldn't be a photo session without some of Kyler's faces.
We made it back to the front of the temple and decided to get a big group shot. Here's one I got quickly for my friend Lisa with her husband and new baby.
What a group! Such a fantastic primary activity. And the rain really let up for us while we were there. God's tender mercies. They had ice cream sandwiches, then it was back in the cars to head home.
When we got back to the YMCA to drop off Kelly and her kids, there was the most gorgeous rainbow there. What a LONG day! But I know that the boys had so much fun!




No comments:
Post a Comment