Christian actually kept an amazing secret and after getting the boys into bed after soccer Tuesday night (the night before my birthday) I was in the kitchen cleaning up and there was a pounding on the door! My girlfriends were there to kidnap me and take me to ice cream! Thanks babe for coordinating it! I seriously was so surprised. I love you ladies! (Natalie, Mandy, Erin, Aubrey, Kelly and Carrie)
Wednesday, my friend Natalie took me to lunch for my birthday! Seriously amazing food and it was so much fun to be out! Beckam ate so well, and other than squishing a giant cockroach that I had to flick off of Becakam's arm as it was crawling up his body....lunch was perfect! :) Maybe next time we won't sit outside! :)
Christian tried to make it home from school a bit earlier than normal to have dessert before dinner! :) He make home-made ice-cream cake. A chocolate cookie on the bottom, some ice cream and then magic shell to finish it up. Very creative and yummy idea!
He made us each one!
The boys were very helpful in blowing out my candles. (see Kyler?)
We dropped the kids off at Natalie's and headed out. We walked around at the Arboretum! It was so beautiful. It would be fun to do again with the boys during the daytime. But even at night it was so neat to feel like we were off in the mountains hiking. What a neat place.
It got too dark to see any turtles or fish or anything in the pond, but still very serene and pretty. The only downside of the small hike was that the map we'd been looking at on our phone was up-side-down! I mean, who puts the South facing up on the key? Needless to say, we were on the exact opposite end we were supposed to be on when it closed. Kinda scary and frustrating, but we got out alive, then headed to Alexander the Great for dinner.
It was more than great! What an amazing Greek Restaurant. Best Gyro Platter EVER! Yes, I was cheating on Fadi's. But hey, it's my birthday! :) Christian even got me some books. I've read one of them. But he got me the next 2 in the series. Thank you book club in Provo for getting me to read a bit. I loved the first book. Can't wait to devour the others. Christian was so thoughtful to get those. Love you babe. What a wonderful birthday!













3 comments:
wow christian!! you did amazing!
mel what book series are you reading?
I'm curious also...what books are you reading?
Post a Comment