Friday, October 28, 2011

Kyler gets his cast off

Monday October 24th Kyler got to go get his cast off!!!
Here's one last look at it.  This way we don't need to save the stinky cast in a bag! :)
The nurse came in to tell Kyler about how she was going to saw his cast off. She turned the saw on and showed him that even though it was REALLY loud, it can't cut you.  After she left the room Kyler went and hid under the table.
He didn't want me to tell her where he went.  He said he didn't want to get his cast off now.
He was SO nervous about the whole thing.  But I think he did a great job.
(This was right during Beckams nap time so he wasn't very happy about all of this)






FINALLY!!! It's off!
It's super stiff and really stinky.  And might I add, very skinny!
We went straight to Macey's and got an ice cream cone, then home to shower (without a bag on his arm) YEAH!!! Now just to get the flexibility and strength back.  So far he's doing great!  1 broken arm done, PLEASE no more....EVER!

2 comments:

oma said...

Kyler's cast if OFF! And he WAS super brave. I remember his Daddy being a little nervous when he had a cast cut off too. And I was kind of nervous also! Just can't get it into our heads that a buzzing saw isn't gonna cut your skin also. BTW - Oma's STILL in her walking cast....but I DO get to take it off for a shower so at least it's not stinky!

Jennie Nelson said...

he did so awesome!! way to go Kyler:) no more cast for you!! You are 1 tough boy! and im glad you got an ice cream treat with sprinkles and gummy bears on it to celebrate how good you did:) love you! and im glad I don't have smell your stinky arm!! haha

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers