Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Red Elementary has a Snow Day!

Who would have thought we would see snow in Houston!  Well, apparently at Jaden's elementary school it's not the first time!  The PTO wanted to make a snow day for the kids.  I wanted to come and "chauffeur" AKA take pictures! :)  Jaden loved it!
It was hilarious to see the kids who had obviously NEVER seen snow in their life!  They would grab a pile, make a snowball or two, and then SCREAM!!!  Waving their hands frantically...."It burns! It burns!"  I'm glad I was there to help as an expert and remind them to just wipe their hands on their coats.  Problem solved.  Too funny!  Then there's Jaden slamming snow down his friends neck...then running for his life! :)
Yes he even threw a couple of ice balls at mom! OUCH!
It wasn't even a very big patch of "snow" but the kids all loved it!
I'm sure our friends in Utah would not have thought ANYONE in their right mind would WANT snow, let alone PAY for it!  But here in Houston, Texas...the kids at Red thought it was worth every penny.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Love it! I grew up in southern California and I very distinctly remember our elementary school bringing in snow for an afternoon. They put it over hay bales so we had a sledding hill. Another time a neighbor across the street drove his truck down from the mountains with the bed full of snow. The neighborhood kids had a snowball fight and I came in after playing in it crying because my hands hurt so bad (we didn't own gloves). Ahh good times. Now I'm an old pro at snow and winter. :)

Dannenbergs said...

That is such a fun idea! I love the 100 day projects.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers