Thursday, March 07, 2013

Happy Valentines!


Christian and I were able to go out the weekend before Valentines to a group party that my friend Aubrey put on with her hubby.  It was SO much fun!  We got there and first had to "carve our initials" in the tree :) She had the whole room decorated so cute! We each had cards we had to write on and fill in our response to "We ALWAYS, and we NEVER."  1 couple actually matched on both!  We didn't! Mine said "we always write in our journals before the kids go to bed. And we never go out to eat anymore."  Christian's said "we always eat amazing food, and we never do the things the 'same old way'." So I guess that's why we don't go out.  He thinks we eat great at home! :)  I'll take that as a compliment.
Next they had the girls leave the room.  We made valentines cards for our husbands to give to them on Valentines Day.  While there, they drew pictures of our first kiss.  Then when we returned we had to pick our picture and tell the story.  
Hearing each persons story was really fun.  It was fun to relive those memories.  We played a game of Couples Questionaire too see how well we know our spouse.  I'm happy to say that after knowing eachother for over 10 years, we still know eachother very well!  Then they read an excerpt from Theodore Roosevelt’s Journal.  It was just beautiful.  Aubrey sent me a copy.

Sunday January 25, 1880

At last everything is settled; but it seems impossible to realize it. I am so happy that I
dare not trust in my own happiness. I drove over to her house to determine to make an
end of things at last; it was nearly eight months since I had first proposed to her, and I
have been nearly crazy this past year. And tonight, after much pleading, my own sweet,
pretty darling consented to be my wife. Oh, how bewitchingly pretty she looked! If
loving her with my whole heart and soul can make her happy, then she shall be eternally
happy. A year ago last Thanksgiving, I made a vow that I would win her heart, and now
that I have done so, the aim of my whole life shall be to make her happy, and to shield
her and guard her from every trial. Oh, how I shall cherish my sweet queen! How she,
so pure and sweet and beautiful can think of marrying me, I cannot understand. But I
shall praise and thank God it is so.”

A few years later…
“How I love her! She seems like a star of heaven, she is so far above other girls; my
pearl, my pure flower. When I hold her in my arms there is nothing on earth left to
wish for, and how infinitely blessed is my lot…Oh, my darling, my own bestloved little
Queen!”

Then after reading that, she said that our husbands had prepared a poem to read to us.  Each couple was so different.  It brought a lot of insight out and I was so impressed with the creativity of our men!  Here's what Christian wrote for me!

After that we had food and just hung out.  The wives had all brought their husbands favorite appetizer or dessert.  I brought that new Raw Cheesecake we tried over Christmas, made mostly of cashews.  Christian loved it!  It was such an amazingly fun night out.  Thanks to our friend Natalie for watching the boys!  I sure love you Christian!

On Valentines Day then it was pretty low key.  I woke up to an amazing bunch of Dark Chocolate and French Toast! :) Christian got his card I'd made at the party and a LaraBar.   Later that day I made heart shaped breadsticks to go with our soup for dinner.
And the boys let me take some wild pics of them after school.
Such different little guys!  And yet, such brothers!
Beckam did NOT want to take pictures!
 I was like oh common you can smile better than that...
Almost.  Now everyone give me a happy face.
Ok.  Not really working.  Let's pretend mom just tooted.
How about best day ever!
You just won a million dollars!!!
Happy Valentines Day!  I sure love these boys!

1 comment:

Jennie Nelson said...

such a cute idea!! how fun!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers