I love this kid! I can be cleaning a bathroom and ask for his help, and he'll gladly do it. (Most of the time...except when he doesn't want to! :)) So this particular time I was cleaning the bathroom and Kyler was helping with the tub and toilet. Jaden had finished the sink and mirror, but wanted to do more. I told him that if he was VERY careful I would trust him to wash the windows in the family room. (Usually I spray the cleaner and they just wipe everything down.) He was so excited to be able to do it all by himself! I'm so glad Christian got this picture of him! He did a FANTASTIC job!
Of course once I got my camera out he wouldn't do it again, but he'd been running back and forth after basketball practice and jumping up touching the net. Beckam was so cute following after him and trying to jump as well. Some of the other kids on the team also tried, but he was the only one who figured out the jump and was able to touch the net each time. Although he wouldn't do it for the video he did stand under the hoop and reach up, so that I could show him how far he was jumping! Way to go Jaden!Gosh he's a cutie! It's not every Sunday, but sometimes he wants to wear his tie and suit coat "like dad." I took the opportunity for a photo opp. Sometimes I just can't grasp the idea that he's actually growing up, and not my baby anymore. He's so excited to be 8 this year and preparing to be baptized!
On day my sister Jennie asked me if Jaden still loved being in his sports shorts/ pants all the time. So I took this picture of the boys after school that day. This is what they had changed into (getting out of their school uniforms.) Yup! Still loves them!
Another recent highlight is that Jaden made the soccer team at Houston Express! Someone from last fall even donated a jersey! He was so excited to try on his new uniform!And here he is...kind of nervous...at his first tournament, before the season officially begins.
Check out that bunch of tough boys! :) His team lost both games, but played amazing! Especially since they only had 1 sub! Looking forward to this season! And I think Jaden is too. He LOVES practice and wishes it was every night!
Also, Jaden was invited to Grant's (a friend from basketball) birthday party! He had such a fun time and I again feel so blessed to have great friends here in Houston who love having Jaden over! I'm glad he's a good friend.
It was a sleepover party, but we just had Jaden stay late. I picked him up just after 11. (I was falling asleep on the couch, I don't know how on earth he wasn't tired....he'd had 2 soccer games that day!) Grant's mom said he ate the most...by far! 7 chick fillet nuggets, and fries and a TON of fruit salad! She didn't know where he was putting it all! Glad he had so much fun! He was so excited to get home and tell dad all about the Mario mustache straws, and playing Skylanders, and watching Thunderstruck.
It's pretty common to see Jaden outside with his buddy Ian or Micah. Ian comes over quite often and we're glad he feels welcome here. Jaden LOVES his buddies!
Don't know if I ever posted this. Great shot Jaden!
Here he is with his basketball team. Games are over, but that doesn't mean there isn't still plenty of bball happening at the Mealey home.
Yes, he made that swish! (and I just love Kyler's hair in this photo as he's running for a ball!)Jaden, you are an amazing little guy! You'll be my baby forever...no matter how grown up you may be to everyone else! I love you and am so lucky to be your mama!





3 comments:
Love you Jadey!!! Miss you! :) Love this post Mel :)
Sounds like Jaden has an appetite like his Daddy's! LOVE the pic in the jacket...;)
I LOVE this post! he is so handsome!!! and amazing!!!:)
Post a Comment