The second graders at Jaden's school had the opportunity to go the Nutcracker Ballet. So of course I offered to chaperon!! Jaden was a bit nervous about "dressing up" to go. He thought that he would be the only one, and did NOT want that happening. I assured him that he was "supposed" to dress up. Although he was apprehensive getting out of the car as I dropped him off (I had to still take Kyler to school and drop Beckam off with a friend before heading back to his school) he eventually got out. But not before he threw off his tie! :)
I dropped off the other 2 boys and headed back to Jaden's school. Here some of them are all lined up and waiting to board the buses.
I told Jaden I would like to get a picture of him with his buddy Myka. Immediately more friends jumped in saying "I want a picture with Jaden!" He's got some great friends!
We've had a couple of foggy days here. So I thought I'd document one of us heading into the big city. Hard to see all the tall buildings.
Jaden wanted me to take his picture in front of the HUGE wreath!
When we rounded the corner Jaden said "holy bus traffic!"
We got to be at the very top balcony! What a view!
I brought our binoculars, and the boys thought that was so much fun passing them back and forth throughout the ballet. (this picture wasn't taken while the ballet was going, don't worry!) Gosh Jade, you are so handsome!
During intermission the class headed out to have a quick snack that Ms. Hollingsworth brought. They were quickly told that snacks could not be eaten here and that he kids would need to go outside to eat! Obviously there wasn't time for that, so it was back into our seat. :( After the ballet ended we had to wait until our specific school was called before we could head to the buses. So out to the hall we headed again. Ms. Hollingsworth had called a few days before coming to find out if she could bring some snacks, and was told that they were fine, just not in the theater. So she just sat the kids down and went on with her plan! :) The kids were happy about that!
It was such a fun experience with Jaden. My favorite quote was after intermission, during her dream and Jaden said "They keep on dancing! He finds a lady, then keeps on dancing!" Yup Jaden, that kind of IS what a ballet is! :) Glad I could do this with him!














No comments:
Post a Comment