Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter Egg Coloring

The boys don't really like hard boiled eggs, but we DO eat a lot of scrambled eggs. So this year we decided not to boil the eggs before coloring them! I seriously think you boil them only to not have too much of a mess if the egg is dropped. They worked great! No dye leaked into the eggs, and no eggs were wasted! The boys loved choosing which color to put their eggs in.

Even waiting for them to get just right wasn't that bad either.

And stickers to put on them too?... Life couldn't be much better!



Here are Jaden's eggs. He only wanted those 3 to have faces. My favorite was the multi-colored one in the back.
And here are Kyler's eggs. Some of them had more than one face! :) That boy sure loves stickers! Can you tell which was his favorite color to put the eggs in? I think that all but that front middle one were in the blue, at least for a second! He really likes BLUE!

7 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Wow! Your kids fared better than most. That is a good idea to just dye them without boiling them. :)

Oma said...

Kyler's faces are Wonderful! Oma needed a good Laugh!! And I agree - love that multi-colored egg of Jadens. Hug them both for me - see this weekend...can't wait!

Mark and JanaRae said...

you are such a cute mom always doing such fun projects with your boys.

about the ties. For Sure You Can Do it! I would love to teach you. I think the trickiest part is tying them. give me a call and let me know when you want to do it.

Natalie said...

Love all their eggs. Great job boys!

Marly said...

I found your site via the Ultimate Blog Party and just dropping by to say hello. Looks like you and your family had a great time coloring eggs!
Marly

Mandi said...

I love the sticker faces. Our friends had some similar for us to use and I thought they were a blast and a fun touch! They turned out great!

Jenn said...

Those are so cute with the stickers!

I LOVE decorating easter eggs!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers