Sunday, April 25, 2010

GMAT stands for Get Messy And Trashy

Since about October of last year Christian has been extremely dedicated to studying for the GMAT, in order to do well enough to hopefully get into the MBA program at Brigham Young University! Studying about 3 hours each week night after getting home from work at 7pm, eating dinner and helping me put the kids to bed....most of the time. Then taking some long days to study, take practice tests or head down to BYU for study sessions on Saturdays. These were generally 6-8 hour study days.
After seeing the dining room table being taken over early on by all the books, papers and notes, I decided something had to be done. This "mess" had to move. So I set up the card table in the office for Christain to have a place to do his work. And work he did! This is usually what that area of the office looked like!


But it seems to have all paid off! Christian was ACCEPTED into BYU's MBA program and will begin classes in the fall! I'm so proud of him and his dedication. I'm glad to say that the office has been cleaned up and looks a million times more organized. Hopefully we can figure out a system to organize his stuff a little better come fall! Until then, we are just excited to know he got in!

5 comments:

Tara Ann said...

Congratulations!! Good luck with school.

Delia said...

Yay! Congratulations. That is so exciting.

Mandi said...

Congrats, Mel. We are soooooo excited for your family. It looks like so many fun, happy, and exciting things are happening with your family. I am so glad you found your key - that was such a crazy day. I remember you telling me about it. I can't believe you finally found it. I am glad you had grandparents come and visit, and am so glad you and your hubby get to go on a fun vacation! I can't wait to hear about it. Again, we are excited for you!!! Congrats, Christian :)

Jen said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. Back to BYU YEAH! I'm sure you're glad the studying is over. Nathan's doing the same thing for the CPA exams we've got to go through August and four test to go!!

Jen said...

Congrats to your hubby! All of the hard work paid off! And congrats to you Mel for being the patient wife. It takes a supportive and understanding wife to get through the past and upcoming years! Just remember, it will all be worth it in the end! I'm so glad things are going well for you all!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers