
Here is our cute little apartment! We love it! (Maybe 250 sq ft?)

We started Tuesday morning with going to the Manhattan Temple. Can you see angel Moroni? Sessions are every hour and a half here.
We thought that this fountain in front of the Lincoln Center was pretty.
It was kind of windy, and cold, but fun to be walking around New York.

We both LOVE the texture on the buildings here. I'll probably do a post with just city skyline and buildings. :) Especially liked this one.
Here we are enjoying walking around Times Square right before our show.
No way boys, look who we saw later on! Spiderman was saving some people!
We're really loving riding the subway. It's actually one of my favorite parts! Daddy is being so silly pretending to "ride" the train.

The museum inside was so cool! It was neat to see how they built it, and to read all about it. Look how HUGE her face is...
After about 160 steps we reached "the pedestal." Here is the staircase going up to the crown. The pedestal is only about the half way point. Tickets for the crown were sold out. :(
But the view from the Pedestal was great too! Here is a picture of Ellis Island.
It was SO windy. One of the guards inside said that earlier Lady Liberty was swaying in the wind. It was actually hard for mommy to breathe it was so windy!

After hanging around the Statue of Liberty for a while we took the ferry to Ellis Island!

There was SO much to see here. We didn't even see it all I'm sure. And it was WAY more reading than mommy has done in a long time!
We saw a couple cool ships at the South Street Seaport.
We also enjoyed walking up and down the streets of China Town and Little Italy.


Mommy and Daddy enjoyed seeing the city as we drove around on a BIG BUS.
Thursday morning we headed to the United Nations Building.

This tour was incredible! I feel so much more educated now! We also learned about a fun website to play at on the tour. Check it out. It's called FreeRice.com


Grand Central Station was absolutely amazing! So much going on. Daddy said it had the biggest food court ever!
St. Patrick's Cathedral was stunning! I'm so glad we ran into this one while walking down 5th Avenue.



Times Square really is so busy! Look how big those buildings are. Okay boys, which one is your favorite?
It was fun stepping all over this giant piano in the famous FAO Schwarts toy store.
Next, we headed to the Museum of Modern Art. Look mommy and daddy are part of an exhibit!

This face was one of Daddy's favorite pictures there. It's HUGE!
It was fun to see some famous stuff as well. Jaden do you know what this one is called?
This exhibit was interesting. The lady in red just sat there, barely blinking, as still as could be. You could wait in line to sit still across from her and take part in her art. We were there for just over 2 hours and she never seemed to move. Boys, could you try that next Sunday at church? :)
This is one of Mommy's favorite's! The 3 Musicians by Pablo Picasso! So neat to see so much amazing art!
After the Museum we took the Subway down Manhattan and under the East River over to Brooklyn. We waited in line at the famous Grimaldi's Pizzeria! Unbelievable! Great NY Pizza!

After dinner we got some homemade ice cream at the Ice Cream Factory down by the water, then headed back up to walk across the Brooklyn Bride back into Manhattan!
The weather is getting nicer. It's not so cold and windy. Today we are planning on spending much of the day at Central Park. We'll see you boys in a couple more days!













9 comments:
What an amazing experience. I love how you told it to your boys.
We love freerice. That is how Jared brushed up his vocabulary for the GRE.
Glad you have so much fun!
So so fun! New York is such an amazing city. I'm so glad you guys get a chance to visit. Looks like you have been staying busy and probably sleeping well at night too! All that walking is pretty exhausting. :) Can't wait to hear the rest of what you are doing!
Woohoo! New York City! I'm so glad you guys could vacation there. I've never been, but someday. Until then, I'll learn all about it from your experiences! How fun!
BEST BLOG EVER! Loved how you put a million pictures! hahaha, sounds and looks like you're having so much fun! glad about that :) miss you and can't wait to watch the boys tomorrow!
Sounds like you guys are having a great time! Enjoy your last couple days!
thanks for sharing the pics and telling us what's been happening - glad you're having a terrific time!
looks like you had a blast!
3 words: So jealous, seriously.
Actually I REALLY want to hear about your travel advice so I can take Sara and have a great trip too. I only had one day when I was in New York, and it was awesome. But not enough time. Sara has never been, so I'd love to get your tips.
So Awesome!! Wow, what a fun trip!
Post a Comment