The next morning we called Budget, only to find out they don't have spare keys. (Many trucks are not returned to where they are picked up from.) So we called a locksmith. They do not guarantee the key they have can open and start your truck, but you have to pay the fee anyways. First locksmith, no luck. So we called another one. Lucky this time! We were on our way!
We got to our home just fine, but today we didn't have the help we would have had the night before. Christian and I began unpacking the truck. Luckily the house next to us was being built and there were several construction workers (who only spoke Spanish) who offered a hand! Si, necesita ayuda, por favor! We got unpacked in no time!
Well, after unpacking everything over the next several weeks, we NEVER found that truck key. We imagined all the places Jaden may have "hid" it, maybe someone left with it in their back pocket, while packing maybe it slipped into a box....
Well, a couple of weeks ago I was mowing the lawn and rolled out a garbage bag to dump the grass clipping into. When I heard a noise in the box. It was a bit of a jingly noise. And there it was...the lost truck key!

Who ever would have guessed to look there!? I guess no one, because it took us 3 1/2 years to find! Too funny!




2 comments:
That gives me hope. 5 years ago when we moved to Denver from Provo we lost our car keys with the key-less entry on it. Maybe someday it will materialize too.
A week without kids - I think I'll dream about that too.
that is hilarious!! thats like how i lost my phone 7 months ago, and my friends nephew just found it in their back yard in their lawn chairs. haha to funny!
Post a Comment