Monday, March 29, 2010

Half way there

Several posts ago I showed how Jaden was learning to read. We are now half way through his 100 lessons book! Here is what he read the other day!


He's really getting good at not having to sound out some words. I love doing this with him. Since it's gone a lot faster than I'd anticipated, we are slowing the lessons down and only doing them Monday, Wednesday and Friday now, instead of 5-6 days a week. It's fun to see him pick out words as we read the scriptures or other books, signs, shirts, etc. Some of his favorite words are said and of. "The funny words." I really think that this book has done a great job with teaching it all. Kindergarten, here we come!

5 comments:

Delia said...

Good job Jaden!

Shannon said...

How exciting! What book are you using? I would like to start working on reading with Weston this summer when we are off preschool.

Natalie said...

Great job Jaden! You are getting so big!

We need to get together soon...we haven't seen you guys forever!

Alyssa said...

More like 'First-grade here we come'! That is excellent that he enjoys reading. Kindergarten will be a breeze for him.

Becca said...

That is great. Camilla just finished that exact same lesson. I guess they are about the same place.:)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers