Saturday, March 06, 2010

Crestfallen

Yesterday we went down to Orem to have lunch with my sister Annette at the new APX building. When I told the boys we would be going down to see Aunt Annette, Jaden quickly said "and play Batman!" Annette got the Lego Batman Game for the Wii for Christmas and they had played it at my parents house then. I couldn't believe he remembered that. His memory and association with events is incredible to me.
Then after lunch we were driving to Annette's apartment to play Batman! Jaden was so excited! This is how a part of our conversation in the car went as we were following Annette to her place.

Jaden: "Mom, do you know what crestfallen means?"
Mom: "Crestfallen?"
Jaden: "Yeah, crestfallen. It means really disappointed.....or sad."
Mom: "Yup, can you show me crestfallen?"
Jaden makes a very sad face, bottom lip pushed our and lowers his head and posture.
Mom: "Are YOU crestfallen Jaden?"
Jaden: "No, I'm very happy because we are going to Aunt Net's!"

He really never ceases to amaze me! What a fun kiddo! (He got this word from an episode of WORDGIRL.) Gotta be careful around him. He really is listening and learning EVERYTHING!

4 comments:

Delia said...

What a smart boy. I love PBS kids. They really make learning fun.

Annette said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I thought it was funny when you told me about it but i laughed just as much reading it on here haha - such an awesome kid!

Shannon said...

That's a great word! I am always amazed when Weston busts out a word I've never heard him use before or that I don't really use. He loves Wordgirl too. Thank you PBS for teaching my child. :)

Oma said...

you know I'll bet there's a lot of adults that couldn't give that kind of a definition or show you what that word means. He's gonna keep you on your toes Mel!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers