Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cooking Club

My sons school has some great after-school programs offered.  When they sent home the list of Winter activities available he said he wanted to sign up for cooking club and basketball club.  Sadly when I went to register on the morning you could, cooking club was already full.  But I decided to take advantage of this.  So we started our own cooking club after school on Thursdays!  Last week we made sunflower cookies and dipped them in yogurt!  I think it was a hit! You can find the recipe on my food blog!
They enjoyed mixing, rolling and making shapes with their "dough."


 I told them that part of cooking was cleaning up after themselves.  So they even washed the dishes they used! :)
 Beckam wanted to help too!
 They turned out pretty good and are especially yummy dipped in yogurt!
 I told Jaden to smile really big if he really liked them!  Is that a smile?...
I think we will be making these again in the future!  I love finding new healthy snacks!  Hooray for cooking club at the Mealey's!

3 comments:

Oma said...

What fun - the Mealey Boys Cooking Club! I've been making my own yogurt the last couple of weeks. It's 'good' but not quite like the Fage greek yogurt (my favorite). I'm gonna keep trying....dipping cookies in yogurt - yummy! And so good that they're learning that cooking and cleaning up go together!

Jennie and Dalin Nelson said...

thats adorable!!! love it! and might just try the recipe

Swenson Family said...

What a great idea. I still make your meatloaf recipe. :) I might do a cooking club with my kids. They love to cook and I love how you can sneak great math and reading lessons into cooking and following recipes. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers