Saturday morning was our Neighborhood Easter Egg "hunt." I LOVE that our neighborhood does this! Here's our little character boys!
This year instead of having separate parts of the park for the different age groups, they just staggered the start time. First it was the kids 3 and under. Kyler stated out showing me each piece before he put it into his basket.
He quickly discovered he could just crouch down, grab, and drop into his basket much quicker if he didn't turn around and show me each time. Little smarty!
I think they made out alright! Check out that loot!
At the end of it all, they open them all up, keep the candy, and return the plastic eggs. (Makes it easier to continue putting it on every year!)
I think they are happy with what they got!
Then it was off to Jaden's first Outdoor Spring Soccer Game.
I've been having trouble uploading videos to blogger lately, so pics will have to do.
After the game (and not making any goals) I asked him if he likes Indoor or Outdoor soccer better. I thought for sure he would say indoor since he scored so much at each game there. I was surprised he said outdoor....because it's harder. Whatever it is, glad he likes it!
Here is what the boys were going to wake up to Sunday morning. Nothing too fancy. 1 puppy from the dollar store, 1 chocolate bunny, 1 egg with some candy and a dollar bill, and a HUGE puppy given to us by the preschool I just signed Kyler up for. Lucky boys! (the big puppy was a late addition.....like from Saturday afternoon)
Here is some of the commentary from the morning:
As Jaden is coming downstairs and noticing eggs "hidden" around the front room "They are like balancing everywhere! This Easter Bunny is good! I can see that one! He didn't even hide them that good!"
Then as they came around the corner and saw their baskets in the TV room, "PUPPIES!" Shaking the egg in his basket Jaden says "Did he get us more bouncy balls? What? 3 dollars! Now I have $3!" (it was a dollar bill and some candy) "Thanks Easter Bunny!"
Kyler dropped his basket on the ground. Some of the eggs fell out and he was trying to put the candy back in and put it all back in his basket. One candy wasn't fitting so he said "I guess I'll just eat this!" Smart boy! :)
Sunday was excellent! Sacrament meeting was so beautiful. Several musical numbers and such great talks. Then after being home for a bit, and naptime for Kyler, we headed up to Grandma Bradshaw's for dinner. Then after dinner we watched The Testaments and then did our traditional "cake pull." Kyler was excited eventhough he didn't know what it was!
In a cake pull, each person puts one finger inside an angel food cake. And on 3, you pull! Whatever piece you get, is yours. Top it with vanilla ice-cream, strawberries and whipped cream. What a silly tradition! Wish I could make the videos work. The one of them pulling is so great!
Great Easter Weekend!




4 comments:
looks so much fun!!!!! love you guys!
What a fun weekend! I've never heard of a cake pull but it sounds/looks super fun! What a great tradition. :)
PS-You getting ready to have that baby any day now? I want to see another belly shot!
Looks like a great weekend! Love Jaden and Kylers cute little faces!
What a fun time!
Post a Comment