Saturday, August 28, 2010

Community Food Co-op of UTAH

My neighbor recently told me about this food co-op and today I picked up my second share. Last month was my first time doing it, and while I thought the produce was great, I didn't feel like I was getting a HUGE deal. But it was food we eat, and maybe just a little bit of savings, so I thought I'd try it again. I'm more impressed with it this time around, and maybe it gets better the more orders they have!? So, pretty much I just wanted to share what we got today (for $10)
a bag of spinach, a bag of potatoes, 2 big bunches of green onions, a bag of green beans, a package of mushrooms, 6 ears of corn, 4 pears, 7 nectarines, and 10 plums! Each month is different too, based on what's in season. So it's kind of like Christmas getting ready to see what your produce share will have. You don't know until about 3 days before pick up! :) Kind of exciting!
They have sites all over and I was just so excited I wanted to share. All I wish, is that they did it more often than once a month. But if you are interested check it out!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That's awesome! I think that's a pretty good deal for $10. I also like that it's local and fresh. I tried doing Winder Farms produce box for awhile, but it seemed like such a rip off. Just not enough produce for $20. I will have to look into this one.

Oma said...

It looks like great quality and a good variety. The one I did years ago was $40 for a month for a half bushel, every other week and all organic but sometime it was pretty much all the same food. There just wasn't enough variety to be worth it and was definitely more expensive that buying what I wanted at the regular grocery store. Glad that's working well for you...it will be interesting to see what it's like in the winter.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers