Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Photo Wall, Copy Cat, and Christian's Heart

After many months of playing around with what to do with this long blank wall, I finally have it finished! Thanks to Shenna, Christian's mom, I was able to get all the measurements just right to make it fit perfectly. To Brian, Christian's dad, for all the amazing photos! Thanks to Annette, my sister, for showing me how to use a tape measure correctly when hanging photos. (The nail goes to the top of the hole :) ) And thanks to Christian as he patiently listens to me obsess over how much I love it!

I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!

Kyler continues to make us laugh almost constantly. Here he was playing copy cat with Annette.



And since I feel like I have been leaving Jaden out of posts recently here is a picture of him!

Since so many have been asking and would like to know, here is the update on Christian...
After an EKG, an MRI and wearing a Holter Monitor for 24 hours we still have a lot of questions with not a lot of answers. He DOES have mono, so that has at least explained the crazy constant fatigue, but we still don't know what has been causing all of his chest pain, arm pain and swollen hands. Tomorrow morning we will be going to the hospital for a TEE test. (http://www.mgh.org/education/health/tee.pdf) Hopefully this will give us more answers. For now, all we can do is wait, and hope that his mono clears up sooner than later.

21 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, that Kyler is such a cutie! Davin has really come alive lately too and is rolling over and almost sitting up on his own. He will be 6 months soon. How the time flies! Anyway, that is frustrating not knowing what is going on with Christian. Hopefully you will find out some answers soon. Keep us posted.
PS-Weston wants to come play on the bikes with Jaden. We will have to set that up, especially with this awesome weather!

Katie and Bryson said...

Your wall is AWESOME. I love it too! I hope Christian is OK. Keep us posted.

Natalie said...

I LOVE THE PHOTO WALL! It turned out so good! I also love those little boys! That story of Jaden and his prayer was too cute! Hopefully you guys can get Christian back to being healthy!

Tara Ann said...

The wall is amazing!!!! I would be beside myself if I had created something that amazing, not joking at all. And I didn't know Christian was sick, gosh we hope everything turns out ok. Let us know! BEAUTIFUL WALL!!!

Alan Bradshaw said...

So, not only does your wall have some great pictures, but you have also used some great design elements and principles that make it super appealing! I really like what you did with that wall space! you and your family i think will be forever grateful for those. I love the video too, i can't wait until our son can do similar "copy cat" things with us!

Jared and Delia said...

I love the wall. I am looking at your other posts and I have missed sooo much! I lost all my widgets and just got your blog back on my list. I can't believe how big Kyler is. That is so fun!

Jared and Delia said...

We'll pray for Christian. Hope he is okay.

Jennie and Dalin Nelson said...

omg i love your wall!! i want one jsut like it!! haha it looks soo good! good work!! it's awesome! i can't wait to see you soon:) waho!

Anonymous said...

good luck with the TEE. i had one. my throat got sprayed with stuff that taste like bananas and kerocine. yucky. keep us posted

John said...

Melanie I am so in love with your wall, and the pictures you chose. Did you have them printed on canvas? Did I miss that part of the explanation? Anyways, your pic is going in my inspiration doc!

Rob & Karli said...

I love the photo wall! Love it! Love it! Are they just blown up photos in skinny black frames, or something else? We need to know how you did it?
I hope everything is ok w/ Christian. You might need to send out an "update" email.

So many blogs..too little time said...

I love it too!

Jared and Tierney said...

How did the TEE test turn out for Chris? Jared says to tell him that he's been there with the EKG, MRI, and Holter monitor... Hope that they figure out what's wrong soon so they can get it all fixed.

Your boys are so cute! Kyler's walking so young... Wish that we were still out there to see you guys!

Sarah Hall said...

Hey Mel, I found your blog through Amandas. I love your wall and the Pics. Very very cute. Hope your husbands okay, that's kinda scarey.

xoxo, Sarah

The Clarke Clan said...

Awesome wall. It looks great Mel!!! Way to go!

Bethany said...

Love the wall!! It looks great!!
Hope everything with Christian goes well ane he gets better soon.
Your boys are adorable!

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

mel,
marcus and i were just saying that we need to play some games with you guys! it has seriously been forever. i hope christian starts feeling better soon. have you guys found anything else out since that last post? keep us updated!

Jenny said...

the photo wall looks great! thats too funny i just started a project like that except my wall's going to be square frames that make a square. did you get the frames from Ikea?

UCC said...

I LOVE your wall!! It looks really good! You did such a great job! Love it!!!!

Ambrosia said...

I love your photo wall! I may have to copy cat you!

Ambrosia said...

Oh and I will be calling you to give me picture hanging tips..be ready ;)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers