Jaden has really been loving Kindergarten. His teacher sends home weekly updates on what the class has been up to and what will be coming up. She mentioned that they will be having a spelling test the beginning of November, so I decided that we should start working on that. I wrote each of the 10 words they will have their test on and had Jaden copy them to get to know each word better.
He was beyond excited about this and after only doing this once I decided to try the "test." I was so impressed with his memory skills. Many of them he can spell out loud as well. He only seems to have trouble with the word "you." So we'll have to keep working on that one! :)
At church this last Sunday I had some stickers in the bag. This is what Jaden came up with on one side of the paper.
and the other.
Then he said he wanted to do something else. So I started writing words for him to copy. I wrote about 5, he did them. Then he told me to do 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. I finished to the bottom of the page with what I could fit and he flipped the page over.




3 comments:
that is so stinking cute! you got 1 smart kid there!! good job!:)
What a smartie! I think he has really good handwriting too. It's so great that he's into learning more too. I'm sure he'll ace that spelling test!
it's so fun that Jaden LOVES to learn! You'll need to keep a few of those first papers to see how his writing changes throughout the year.
Post a Comment