Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Primary Fitness Activity

Saturday the 15th was our Primary Fitness Activity. Jaden enjoyed shooting hoops on "the tall one" while we waited for the activity to begin. He actually even made a couple shots too!

They divided the groups into 4 stations. The one we started at first, the kids had to shuffle their feet, while in cereal boxes, around the gym and then shoot a hoop! Some got more into the speed of it than others! :)















Station 2 was push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks and stretching!



I think Kyler was trying to do sit ups here. I was laughing so hard because all he wanted to do was push up to a bridge to stand on his head! Good "pizza hands" I guess!

Station 3 was hula hoops! The boys thought that the Hula Hoops were fantastic and could have done this all day long!














Station 4 we headed outside to do shuttle runs/ ladders and other relay races. I thought that the boys kept up pretty well with this activity.



Then when we were all finished we met back in the gym, everyone got WINNER medals and had a healthy snack. There was bottled water, apples, bananas, watermelon, and plain popcorn. The primary President talked to the kids for a few minutes about their bodies being temples and the Word of Wisdom. I thought that this was such a great activity.


Well, they were both holding their medals up and looking at me, but I guess there was just someone/something else more exciting! What cute boys!

3 comments:

Oma said...

Kyler is so willing to try everything and doesn't seem frustrated by not quite keeping up - that's great! LOVE the swirly hula hoop pics....and of course LOVE LOVE those boys!

Delia said...

Very cool activity!

Lizzie said...

Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much for posting all this, Mel! Seriously, it was sort of heartbreaking to create this whole idea and then not be able to see the kids having all the fun... now I feel like I was there! Love your boys!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers