Monday, August 24, 2009

Canning

Step one: Acquire tomatoes from a garden! (Thanks Mom)


Step 2: Skin tomatoes. If you do it right the skins kind of just fall off. Check out the ones in the sink!


Step 3: Dice 'em up! Stuff the cans, add a little lemon juice and salt!


Step 4: Give those full cans a hot water bath on the stove!


Hooray, they all sealed! Guess that means I did it right!


Voila! We now have 7 cans of diced tomatoes!



3 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Hmmmm. Yum!

Shannon said...

Very impressive! Good job! I don't like tomatoes, but I still use them in lasagna and stuff like that, so it's good that you were able to stock up for practically free.

Jenni said...

Awesome! Canning is a big job but it's so rewarding when you're done!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers