I woke up Thursday morning still feeling pretty sad about having to change my appointment yesterday. Jaden and I were playing in the toy room upstairs. Christian hadn't left to work quite yet and was playing with Jaden too. As I was picking up toys I was like...um...did I seriously just pee a bit? So I decided to go to the bathroom. It was hard to tell whether it was pee, or discharge. Then I got scared....what if I was leaking fluid. I told Christian and he suggested I call the doctor. Now let me just tell you....all you have to do is say the words "sac broke"...."leaking"....."don't know for sure"....and they have an appointment for you in no time. So, where I had to cancel because "no one was going to be there for me"....all of a sudden there was someone there! How convenient! Cooincidnce??? I think not!
Anyway, they just wanted to make sure I wasn't leaking fluid so off to the doctors I went. They checked me...I was at 4cm and about 80% effaced. She said that my sac was kinda hanging out, but she could feel that it was intact. But they decided to do a pH test anyway. POSITIVE on the test. The paper turned bright blue. So they guessed I had a small hole somewhere in it. The midwife told me that she felt like the baby was ready to come, but that I wasn't ready for him yet. I was like....are you joking? Who in their last month, is not ready for the baby to come?! She told me to go home and have a great day playing with my other boy (Jaden) one last time. Spend a lot of time with him. Then I should meditate and imagine going into labor. Having contractions, getting more intense, and holding the baby when he came out. I admit I thought it was kinda cooky, but I thought hey...why not!? I told them I had an appointment for Tuesday next week and asked if I should keep that one since I was here today? She assured me that I wouldn't make it through the weekend. Now if that's not getting your hopes up I don't know what is....I told her I didn't want to get too hopeful since we still had just under 2 weeks to go. Again she smiled and said...just let him know you are ready!
So after lunch Jaden and I spent a lot of time playing, and reading and soon it was naptime. So while he slept I decided to do that "meditation" thing. I fell asleep part way through it...so I guess it was relaxing! :)
After naptime we walked to the park in the neighborhood. I met a friend their and told her all about the experiences from the last 2 days! We laughed; our boys played. It got cold, so we went home.
I don't really remember anything more about that night. Just that my mind kept saying..."well, if my sac was hanging out then why couldn't they just break it so that labor could really start?" Maybe that's just what my mind needed to hear, cuz at 4:00 in the morning my water broke!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I am loving your story. It is like reading a book. The only problem is the book stops and I have to wait for the next day. You are doing a great job.
oh my gosh. okay. so instead of reading ahead of your other posts I just go from top to bottom. So I actually read part 2 of your little novel about ky first.
i'm reading. you start talking about your "sac". I think to myself, "WHAT?! She's pregnant with her third?! She's due any minute?! But I saw her like a month or so ago and she had NO signs of being pregnant!".
I keep reading. Pretty much about to poop my pants because I was shocked that I didn't realize you were pregnant.
Then onto the first portion of your novel that EXPLAINED what you were doing. Sheesh Mel. Give me a scare why don't ya!!! ;)
i love your stories!! they are the best!!
Mel, i agree with Jen, that's what i thought! I was like... um... what are you talking about? but i love it! so cute, i love little ky-wer, and miss him and you guys! Can't wait to see you on Sunday!
Post a Comment