Sunday, March 17, 2013

My little Helper & the Rodeo

Beckam is my little helper!  Recently I've started nannying on Thursdays and Fridays.  Ryker is 10 months old, and when he's over Beckam seems SO much older than him.  He knows where to put his stuff when he arrives Thursday morning and loves helping with everything he can.  Shaking the bottle, then sitting quietly, while he's being fed, waiting to put that lid back on.  He's really so sweet with him!  He LOVES pushing Ryker in the stroller when we go pick up Kyler from school.
He always continue to help with the laundry and feels very left out if I am in there trying to quickly through in a load without him!  Recently I found him hiding once we'd emptied the basket!


What a doll!
We also had our first experience with the Rodeo here in Texas.  For playgroup we went, and Beckam enjoyed seeing all the animals in the livestock part. (Apparently it's THE biggest livestock show in the WORLD!)
This baby lamb was just born hours earlier that morning!  The mama sheep was very protective and did NOT like me trying to take a picture of her new baby!

There were SO many different animals in the petting zoo area.  Wallaby's, deer, goats, llamas, and sheep are the ones I can remember.

The "farming" area outside for the kids was so cute!  Each kid got a "seed" (coin) to plant, and water. Then they got to pick their produce.  Beckam's was a pepper plant.
We got to see a tractor and learn how it helps on the farm.
He loved sitting up there and was NOT happy about getting out of that chair!  We learned about corn and they put a plastic corn on the cob in their basket.  They went in a chicken coop and got a plastic egg to put in their basket.
They even got to try and milk a cow, then put an empty milk carton in their basket.

The kids took all their stuff to the farmers market and put each thing back in it's correct basket, then they got a dollar to spend at the store! They could choose from all sorts of processed treats (which I thought was hilarious) and Beckam chose a rice krispy treat.
After that part, we sat and had our lunches then Beckam and I headed home.  I began not feeling well, very suddenly, and took a 2 hour nap along with Beckam that afternoon! (Turns out I got strep throat and dealt with a very painful recovery for the next week.) Glad to be feeling better now! :)

1 comment:

Jennie Nelson said...

seriously loojks like so much fun!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers