Saturday, March 03, 2012

Cooking Club #7

Ingredients:
1 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C oat flour
2 TBLS wheat bran
1 TBLS flax seed meal
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 C water
1/4 C olive oil
1 C shredded cheddar cheese
Place dry ingredients in a blender or food processor.  Then drizzle in the water and oil.  A dough will form.  Add the cheese.
Roll the dough out as thin as possible.

 You can use cute cookie cutters, but I just cut them quickly into squares this time.  Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 for 15-20 min.

 We had these crackers with grapes and apple slices.  Great after-school snack!  It'll be fun to play around with adding more cheese, different kinds of cheese, and even maybe some fresh herbs.
Thank you superhealthykids.com!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

I love the cooking club idea. I used to be good about having my kids cook with me . . . and then I got lazy and stopped. Thanks to seeing your posts, I have been letting them help out a lot again and they love it. Thanks for the fun ideas. That sounds like a great website. Thanks for sharing it. I will definitely be checking it out!

Becca said...

Looks like they are having so much fun. Thanks for sharing...maybe if I can get some more patience I can try and cook with the kids again:)

Oma said...

I LOVE seeing Jaden & Kyler working together and cooking. They're obviously have a great time! Good job for making this so fun for them!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers