Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Whole week with Oma

My mother-in-law came to visit/ help out for the week, and boy was it fantastic!  (I don't know that the boys will think that I am fun ever again. :) )
She came over Sunday morning and held the fort down here so that I was able to go to sacrament meeting, which was fantastic.  
Monday she took the boys and met up with their cousin Maddix to go to a cooking class.  They made cheesy bread and Hawaiian fruit bread.  They have both always enjoyed cooking with me, so I wasn't surprised that they loved it.  Jaden also decided he wanted to be a helper in making some of daddy's snacks for the week.  He spent about a half hour very carefully "painting" the bread.



Like father, like son.  Look at how careful and concentrated he is!

Tuesday we headed down to Rock Canyon Park.  Yes, even I went!  The snow run-off is coming through the park and the boys LOVED playing in the freezing snow water and squirting each other.







I just couldn't help getting this picture!  Nice Ky!


Tuesday night Jaden had baseball practice and Shenna took him to that.  Wednesday they played at Kangaroo Zoo and that night he had soccer practice.  Thursday morning Daddy left to San Diego for the weekend to present a paper for the professor he's been doing research for. Shenna also made lots of time for holding Beckam!  This was a favorite position!  He seemed to really like having his arm around hers!  So cute!
The boys excitement about their cooking class continued and they wanted to make me dinner Thursday.  So, with Oma's help, they made Bubble Salad, Pigs in a Blanket and Ants on a Log.  A good meal to have when dad isn't home :)

And they were so excited to show me!  Kind of a crazy dinner, but glad they had fun making it!

 After dinner Jaden had a baseball game and after that Oma took the boys to play at McDonalds and get a hot fudge sundae!  Yeah, she spoils them!
One of the days I laid Beckam on the Boppy to relax and he just kicked and pushed with his feet so much, I thought he was going to "climb" right over it.
The boys both loved helping to give Beckam a bath.

Kyler wanted to pick out the outfit for him after his bath.  
Friday Shenna took them to the Dinosaur Museum, and Saturday she took Jaden to his soccer game.  Sunday I took Beckam to church for the first time and we stayed for Sacrament meeting.  Them Shenna stayed with the boys so that I could go home with Beckam and rest! (Which was AMAZING!)  Daddy's conference weekend went well and he got home Sunday night.  Monday morning Shenna took the boys to go feed the ducks at the pond in Provo.  But when they got there, the pond was drained and being worked on.  So they went to the Bean Museum instead at BYU.  Somehow in this crazy fun-filled week they also fit in a trip to Costco, JC Penny, story-time at the Library, and even a couple trips to Wendy's for a frosty!  WOW!  Monday night(last night) she left and with how much help and fun she has been while she's been here I haven't know how we are going to do everything without help.  Then I see this...
While watching cartoons, Jaden still took time to sit by Beckam and hold in his binky!  What a great helper!
Yeah, I think we're going to be okay.

3 comments:

Annette said...

That sounds like the most fun week a kid could have!!!! Love all the pics and hearing about their adventures this week :) The last pic with Beckam smiling laying down is my fave :) Miss you guys!!!

Jennie and Dalin Nelson said...

wow i loved this post!!! how is jaden doing in soccer and his sports? i wish we were there to watch him. your boys are so cute!!!! i miss going to the splash park with you! that was so much fun.....just playing in the water with the boys!!! and beckam is adorable! i love him!! your boys are such good helpers!! miss you guys so much! lets skype soon!

Oma said...

Yup - you guys are going to be just great! But I really do love to come and visit and play and help a little too! Love you all!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers