Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

In class today Jaden drew a picture for DADDY. He said he was imagining dad having a spider costume when he was 3 years old. So, there you go. He even got some M&M's to give to him but quickly told me "Since dad doesn't like these, I can eat them!" Guess Christian has made an impression on the kids about not eating sugar.

This year I decided to take on a project that I've never done before. I made all the boys ties. Now they can match DADDY! I thought they turned out cute! They are no where near professional, but it was fun to learn how to do something new. (Thanks JanaRae)

Happy Father's Day! My boys are lucky to have such a great dad! Can't wait to get a picture of all 3 of them together in their matching ties!



9 comments:

Christian said...

I love the tie honey! The kids are very handsome in them. You are so talented. I was just sitting at church today looking at it thinking about how difficult that would be. It turned out really nice. I love you.

Mandi said...

I love this! Do you have instructions on how to make it? What a fun idea!

Oma said...

the 2 boys look adorable in their ties - it will be great when all 3 Boys can wear them together!

lehiharmers said...

i want to know how you made them, so cute!!

Jenni said...

Can you teach a class??? Love the ties!!!

* Stephanie said...

so, do you have a pattern? and what kind of fabric did you use? I've heard of using men's ties from thrift stores to make little boy ties, but maybe making 5 ties would be a big job. How long did they take you? cute idea.

Natalie said...

Great job on the ties! It was nice to be able to spend some time with Chris yesterday...Maddix had so much fun playing with him!

Delia said...

Nice job on the ties Mel!

Mark and JanaRae said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. They turned out great! It was fun to get together and make those. I know my kids had so much fun at your house. Way to go Mel.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers