Monday, April 01, 2013

Spring Break- Children's Museum

Day 1 of spring break we headed to the Children's museum.  I love the look on Jaden's face...so worried about what others might think when they see his brother hugging him...  I hope that he will grow out of this someday.  He always so worried about what others think!  I guess it has it's plus' and minus'.


Same thing here.  Since the mirror made us short and fat he didn't want to get in the photo, but finally did!  I thought it was pretty funny.
They enjoyed waiting for a ball and then quickly putting in the other hole.
Beckam especially loved this.  Having the ball sucked away was just thrilling!
They also had a couple of special things going on for spring break.  These hamster balls were fantastic!

Kyler's in the far one and Jaden in the near one. They just got to walk back and forth across the lawn, but they LOVED it!

Beckam was enjoying turning the handle back and forth to make waves.
There were also a couple of "coconut trees" to climb.
Pretty tight race!

But Jaden just couldn't quite make it.  Although he did get pretty close to the top!
Kyler made it all the way up and was sure excited to remind Jaden the rest of the day!

Kyler was in heaven with a ball as we waited in line for the bungee trampoline.

Beckam enjoyed throwing the blocks into the "river" then seeing them float downstream.



I thought I'd be an awesome mom and get him a big handful of blocks.  That way I could get all the way to the other end and video him throwing them in 1 at a time!...
He thwarted my plan pretty quickly! :)  Yup, just shoved the whole pile in all at once!
FINALLY!  It was our turn on the bungee tramp.
Kyler even did a couple of backflips!

Jaden did NOT like the harness at all.  He looked nervous, but maybe he was just very uncomfortable.  I think he likes the freedom on our trampoline better.
They even let me have a turn!
Flips were incredibly difficult! But I pulled out a couple.  I'm with Jaden, not very comfortable and for sure like the tramp at home better.  But this was fun!

I love how concentrated Kyler can get when trying something new.
I think Jaden was pretending these were bayblades.  Spinning tops was never so much fun!
Beckam was a great sport with putting up with us doing all of the adventure stuff.  He knew his time to play with balls would come!
They each enjoyed some "dancing."


And climbing.


And even doing some pushups!  How many can YOU do in a minute!?
This digital game floor was a favorite on this trip.  You could choose to play dodge-ball or musical squares.  It was actually pretty cool and kept the kids entertained for quite some time.

This digital jump rope was a bit more complicated.

Still don't think we've done everything the museum has to offer!  I'm glad they enjoyed a day off school to hang out together!  Hopefully the rest of the week goes just as well!

1 comment:

Jennie Nelson said...

wow that looks like so much fun!!!! i want to go there!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers