
7 years ago today Christian proposed to me! It was one of the happiest days of my life! Where are we now? 7 years later?! I just wanted to recap the last 36 hours for your reading pleasure!....If you think you can handle it....
Monday morning, yesterday, I was getting ready for work as normal. Just a bit before heading into work at 9:00am, Jaden decided he didn't feel so well, and threw up! I knew I couldn't take him to day care now, but I had no time to find a sub. So Kyler went to day care and I brought Jaden into the gym with me, throw up bowl and all. Crayons, a DVD player, and a Batman Laptop game. The boy couldn't have been happier, except for the throwing up part!
About half way through my first class a lady from day care came rushing in, looking very stressed and sounding very urgent! She said "Mel, can someone take your class? We need you right away in day care! Your son has been injured on the playground!" Uh...yeah, even if someone couldn't take my class (jk)...my son is hurt!? I'm there!
Off my class went with the other coach there, I told Jaden to sit and wait and I ran to day care. The next sight I saw was awful! Kyler screaming with so many people around him, face and clothes covered in blood. He had fallen into a toy outside on the playground and really cut his head up bad. As soon as we were able to get the bleeding under control, we grabbed Jaden and headed ER to get stitches. (didn't know at the time that you can go to your pediatritian for that.:( well, now you know! )
Anne from day care drove us there and stayed with Jaden in the waiting room as I took care of Kyler. It was so awful to watch them give give him the numbing shot. And as soon as the bandage was off and something was poking at it again, the fountain of blood started up again! It was too much for me to handle. I just about passed out and had to lay down for a bit. With everything finally done, we took Anne back to work and headed home, sick Jaden, stitched Kyler and soooooooooo tired mommy!
(If you are still reading, I am so amazed! :) ) I'll have to put pictures up when I get a chance!
So, Jaden continued to throw up, but was still active. It wasn't until the middle of the night that things got more.....exciting?!?!.... He just couldn't stop throwing up. By the time 8:30am rolled around he looked AWFUL. His pupils were unresponsive, he was trying to talk, but nothing was coming out, and he was more than pale. His skin looked gray and his eyes were so sunken, it was scary. We took him into the pediatrician. No flu, No strep, No fever, No cough, No runny nose. JUST VOMIT! We decided that Jaden had thrown up about 20 times in the last 24 hours. AND he had lost almost 5 lbs! The doctor said that the best thing for him to do now, since not even ice chips were staying down, was to get to the hospital and do IV therapy. So that's where I spent the rest of the day!
Jaden is still there. Christian is staying the night with him. They said they have to monitor him all night, because of how much fluid they had to put into him. But hopefully he'll be able to come home in the morning. So that's where we are now! 7 years later! Happy Engagement Anniversary Baby. What a life we have together!




13 comments:
Holy cow Mel! That is crazy. Poor Jaden AND Kyler. And definitely poor Mommy. All the stress, worry, care, etc. It's so scary and hard to see your kid hurting or sad. I hope that everyone recovers quickly and that you have a less exciting life in the future.
Oh my goodness! What a crazy few days! I hope Kyler's stitches heal up well and that Jaden recovers from whatever was making him throw-up. It is so horrible to see your kids have things like that happen! I hope when things calm down that you and Christian have a wonderful celebration planned.
oh dear - I was gonna call you today to check on the boys and of course didn't get to it so I had NO IDEA about Jaden continuing to be so sick. He doesn't have 5 pounds to loose! Long day for the whole family....wish I was there and could help!
really!!! that is awful - i'm so sorry. sick kids, injured kids, hospital visits - no fun AT ALL!!! let me know if i can do anything to help.
Mel!!! I'm so sorry you've had such a rough couple of days! When can I bring you dinner tonight? I'll call ya later today.
Oh my goodness Mel! I am so sorry you had to go through all of that at once! I hope they both get better quickly, and that you are able to get some sleep! Oh, I'm so sorry. Poor Mel!!!
Wow, Crazy day Mel. I hope Jaden feels better soon and you get some good rest. I am sure that was a very stressful day.
Wow! No fun at all. Hope everything (& everyone) is back to normal soon! Love you guys!
You poor thing, what a bad day! I hope Jaden is able to come home today.
Oh my goodness! That's awful. I am so sorry. When it rains it pours. I hope Jaden gets better quickly. You're in our thoughts.
That was Susan Dannenberg commenting. :)
it will be a day you remember. let me know if you need anything.
How crazy! I hope you guys are feeling better now. What a day you had! What classes do you teach?
Post a Comment