Saturday, April 04, 2009

Our garden!

WOW! Our garden is really growing....in our office! :) We haven't ever planted early indoors, and thought we would try it out this year. So, 2 weeks ago we planted all sorts of stuff, peppers, tomatoes, squash, and even a pumpkin. (Plus about 10 other things) After such a short time we already saw things growing! The first thing in that bottom corner is one of our squash plants!


Jaden has loved seeing it all start to happen!

And just 2 days later we have 2 coming up the squash one and one of our tomato plants beings to sprout!

Just a couple of days after that and we have new growth over night! This new squash one wasn't there last night, but this morning it is!

We now have 5 that have sprouted and look at that first squash! Maybe I'm a little too excited about this, but I had to share. Can't wait to take them outside in about a month! Bring on the warmer weather!

10 comments:

Hild Family said...

Looks great. I am excited for the warmer weather and gardens, too!

Shannon said...

How fun! I am going to plant a little potted herb garden with Weston this summer. I figured that's a way to start since I am an extremely novice gardener. I also cannot wait for some warmer Spring weather!

Tara Ann said...

What a great idea! I never thought of that. Wow. Enjoy those vegetables. Garden vegetables are the best. Also, sorry I have not called, busy week. I am sure we will talk soon...no hurry.

Becca said...

i think that is greaT. They are growing so well. I love to garden and can't wait for warmer weather as well. I have only planted basil so far...but they are growing.

Stephers said...

They look great! Garden veggies are the best. Good work!

Amanda said...

Isn't that fun? We planted some indoor flower plants a few weeks ago, and I'm planting a little herb garden today. We're hoping to plant our real garden, (tomatoes, zucchini, and maybe a few other things), by the end of the month. I'm so excited for it!

Jenni said...

Yay, they look great! Hope the warm weather comes sooner than later...

Natalie said...

The garden is amazing! I can't wait for warm weather so we can plant ours!!

Mandi said...

Wow! How fun Mel! I hope it warms up so you can plant them soon! I keep hearing that it is snowing down there!

Tierney Kirk said...

That's so exciting! The place we're living right now won't let us have "plants that bear fruit", basically translating to no garden :( We both love growing things, and are super disappointed we can't this year. I'm jealous! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers